Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Aldous Huxley

So, who was Aldous Huxley? I don't know who he really was. It is close to impossible to really know who Aldous Huxley was by simply surfing the web. Copy and paste doesn't really offer that foresight on a dead author. I do, however, know slivers of what the public perceived him to be, and how he wanted the public to view him as.

Aldous Huxley is known by a majority of the public for his widely acclaimed and controversial novel, The Brave New World. Born to a family of scientists, it was bound that he would become a great success. He was a satirist who often perceived society with a critical eye. It is easy to see how critical he viewed society and modernization (and technology). He wrote, in a very upfront matter, about the danger of the society we strove to be.

'But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment