Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections On Week #1

1. The biggest obstacle that would hinder me from doing well would be myself. Like Guadalupe Pliego mentioned in her reflection, I’m the only one that can determine how well I will actually do in class. I prefer listening and observing how others act around class; participation (in class anyways) in class is far and in-between, something I need to change. Time management will also play a vital part in my participation. Trying to balance college applications/scholarships, other time consuming classes, and extracurricular activities will be a struggle.

2. The most frustrating yet most rewarding learning experience I went through would be AP World History taught by Mr. Greeley. His class defined the rigor and diligence needed in order to get through an AP class. The very first AP class I took, Greeley’s class was like the “test” to see how I’d fare amongst some of the brightest students on campus.

3. I’m most interested about continuing with the “open source learning.” I want to see and experience, from beginning to end, how it differs with other classes. My main concern is the importance of having an internet connection in order to do well in this class. If something was to happen with my internet connection or smartphone then I would completely, without a doubt, freak out.     

No comments:

Post a Comment