Wednesday, January 14, 2015

EDUCATION HACK

Interestingly enough, I read something about the word "hacker" over break and where the term cultivated from. The term was coined by a group of programmers and networking-computer geniuses as early as the first minicomputers came to be. There is a misconception about that term. When people think of the word "hacker" they immediately point them out as people that breach security, breaking into computer systems and such. These people aren't hackers, they are crackers. Hackers are the ones that face challenges by building things from the ground up, they were the ones that transcended the idea of computers by making it their own and making it public. Hackers build, crackers destroy.


So, in my quest, hacking my education is going to be both brutal and donkey-kicking. Yes, it is going to be through my own guidelines and my own rules, but even then, things will still be brutal. I'll have to keep my mindset clear, keep myself from seeing the benefits of making it as my own. I'll go out with a bang. By doing that, I'm going to have to think smart, think differently. I'm going to start prodding holes and looking at passages and poems and literature like an art critique looks at an abstract art for the very first time. This means that I have to think outside of the box, look at things sideways or even upside down, to get different meanings out of one work. I'm going to become more active in my blogs, writing about anything and everything, and going to start to get more involve in school and outside of school.          

No comments:

Post a Comment